So much has happened and I don't want to forget somethings.....
some good and some of it disappointing but mostly all good . I did carry my chair or stool to most sites. The guides thought it was funny and accepted the fact that I was an eccentric old lady and I did use it but not as often as I thought. Some people were very kind and wanted to carry it but I tried to resist that because I wanted to be independent. Unfortunately the easiest way to travel with it was to hang it around my neck which looked ridiculous and I think Wendy took a photo so you can ask her for that. I really think it was worth it but the plan was to give it away and I did.
Another random thought is about money in Israel. I got a little bit confused and gave money to Wendy to buy something on the tour I didn't go on. Hong Kong dollars instead of sheckles. Also I believe I used a 100 dollar Hong Kong note in Jericho because we were going unexpectedly on a cable car to have lunch for 80 or 90 sheckles but when I got up to my turn to pay I gave her the 100 dollars and she said is this for one and I said yes and she just looked at me and gave me the change. so I could on. But thankfully it's not a lot of difference but sad still. Wendy had a reverse as well as sheckles at Masada for the dead sea foot cream for someone and the lady said you're going to miss out if you use this - so that was very kind of her. It turns out I had plenty of other opportunities!!
Another random thought is some people that I haven't talked about much I guess that is the porters at the airports. We organised to be picked up; David and I by wheelchair and Wendy tagged along after us pushing David or our luggage and it is just amazing because we didn't have to think about where to go next. Every time I've gone overseas I've just got confused with directions etc so we didn't have to think about it. when we actually got into Jerusalem/Tel Aviv we just walked because it was so good to get off the plane. Seating hasn't been good unfortunately the travel agent didn't get the aisle seat that David and I wanted. I like stand up an exercise every now and then. and David does too. I' sent an e-mail about it asking the agent to fix it for the return flights and unfortunately she still doesn't seem to have done it. So on the way to Hong Kong I was on the aisle and I got up a couple of times and the others followed. But we'll see on the way Perth it's a small plane I think and we have to take less luggage. So I'm a bit worried about it about that but I'm just deciding that I'm going to pay the 30 dollars a kilo I think!!! So we'll see! !
I remembered too when we arrived in Hong Kong the wheelchair drivers whizzed us around and a lady with some sort of medical device said something like temperature and puffed at my forehead. So I think I was checked for ebola. I don't know.
It was interesting today's now our last full day in Hong Kong. Wendy and Dave have gone off to I think the ocean park and I'm just laying around trying to get rid of my head cold. All is good. We had a nice breakfast and then we went up to the 17th floor. Boy how the other half live! It was some sort of club. We got chatting to an older couple there who visit HK twice a year. They said they never recommend Hong Kong to their friends because they had some friends come and they hated it. It's a busy cosmopolitan place. It's nothing like Singapore - I thought it would be similar but it's not. The cost of living is high but thankfully David and Wendy are having a good time. I went to give Dave a hug today....
I said are you up to hug and he said now I might fall over and proceeded to topple but he was mucking around. I was a bit worried!!
The couple have got friends here and they love it. They were just having a quiet breakfast nothing like where we had breakfast.... It was nice but very busy. This was an exclusive breakfast place but are we had the use of the computer to change our seats because disappointingly Breda had not done what she said she had. .... given Dave and I aisle seats. So we believe we have now and that's good Wendy was able to decipher the seating plan I had the plane going in the other direction!!! Tomorrow we are checking out at 12 but we don't get picked up for the airport till 6 so we might go shopping in the morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment