Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday after the afternoon tour

This afternoon I was picked up by a shuttle bus that took us to the bus that was taking us across to Hong Kong by the tunnel.   I tried to take photos but he went pretty fast.   I think I've got a few.  Our guide was trying to be a comedian and a farmer from Warragul way in Victoria said that she could talk in under cement.  So that was funny.  Unfortunately I got lost at one point I didn't understand her instructions where to go after I went to the ladies and on the way back I wasn't sure which coffee shop to go to and I knew they were going to Starbucks but she didn't want me to walk that far but eventually I got there and she was gone.  She didn't recognise me when she looked for me.  She walked past and I was walking in circles but I recognised her so she was relieved. I don't think people knew that I was missing but I did take care next time she left us somewhere and I stayed with the couple from Warragul.  It wasn't pleasant thinking about my options for getting back across the island.    We had a good time.    We went on a sanpan around the fishing boats that people live on. We saw some of the fancy boats  that are moored there too.   Also we went to a diamond factory.  Quite a dump from the outside and a really classy building inside.   Then we went to the market and I bought a couple of things. I tried to buy light.  They took a photo and presented us with a plate with our photo and Hong Kong sites and a photo in a paper frame.   I didn't buy it because I thought I don't need anything else in my case that was breakable and maybe I don't really want a photo of myself.   The guide took my photo overlooking the harbour at a point where the rich live or use to live.  It was such a good day.    We didn't get back to the hotel till about 7:30.  Wendy and Dave went on the morning tour and there was a note  that they had gone to a market called the ladies market.   The shuttle bus from the hotel took then.  I don't think they are back yet.   I had dinner downstairs in the restaurant and I was the only guest I think from the hotel but lots of locals.    I just had roast vegetables.  Hong Kong is a big city.   It was quite humid today and it was so good getting a feel for it.   I hope Wendy and David enjoyed themselves too.  I think it's going to be an early night for me tonight. Shalom

No comments: