It's now Easter Friday and I'm in Broome. Yesterday was quite eventful in a low key way. Long flight during the night, drink of water prior to landing before 5.00. Customs was a breeze and I bought a coffee and established where I would be catching the flight to Broome mid morning. At about 6.20 I took a taxi to my friend Maureens retirement village and she had just walked outside enjoying the cooler morning and wondering when I would arrive. I packed a smaller case, Maureens, with my summer clothes and we walked to a nearby restaurant for breakfast. Then we went our separate ways and I checked in for my Air North flight.
That's when the day got more interesting. We took off and when we were almost at Kununurra we turned back as a fuse had blown. I was so looking forward to having a long sleep after lunch to catch up on lost sleep!!! Eventually we alighted at Kununurra and I bought a coffee and a banana. Yes! My friends were waiting for me at the airport and I don't think we have stopped talking!.....................................
No comments:
Post a Comment