Free day.
We had an early full breakfast then relaxed waiting for peak hour to lessen before braving the stations. It was still busy but we didn't embarrass ourselves too much. We navigated two railway companies as well with lots of walking involved. Ursula was keen to go to a specific museum and I decided I would tag along with the promise of a park and a coffee as well. Unfortunately no coffee shop or convenient park so after Ursula had investigated one floor we went back to the station area for a coffee and I decided to head off back to JR Central station area. I had thought of checking out a specific department store that used to be in Melbourne but although I was able, after catching two trains and crossing under one station platform, to reach JR central I couldn't negotiate the huge complex successfully (I needed to cross from north to south) and as I was now familiar with our train line I decided to go with what I knew. Safely back at the hotel I packed and rested before Ursula returned happy from her arty experience. She also had bought some Japanese memorabilia downstairs. We had previously bought some beautiful cards which turned out to be made in China so we checked everything after that. I ventured out and located the store and happily bought a few items. We had an early night after finalizing our packing. Our last night viewing the city lights as we dozed off. Ursula is going south on a bullet train tomorrow to start the next leg of her journey..........................


No comments:
Post a Comment