I am now back in Alice and back at work. I had a week catching up with sleep and etc., with some sightseeing and shopping trips in Perth with Phyl. Then it was time for the final pack and say farewell to Phyl after almost a month. This week back in Australia was great as we were able to chat about perceptions, ideas and situations we had shared or had scanty memories of.
It seemed odd boarding the plane without Phyl and the others but its finally time to return to Alice, unpack, catch up with friends and reread all the pamphlets and information gathered during this amazing time. Oh and of course checked out all the photos.
The trip to Israel and Jordan was such a great opportunity to visit such an ancient and historic land which I have read and heard about for decades! To actually visit some sites recorded both in history books, the Torah and the Bible was mind blowing. It was all memorable but the places that stood out for me were: visiting the Western Wall, the creek where David collected his stones to fight Goliath, the Sea of Galilee, Shiloh where Samuel grew up and the garden tomb. There are heaps more memories too walking on excavated roads 4,000 years old, seeing the sparse wilderness country, the hills of Moab and Samaria. The list goes on! If you can manage a trip to Israel and Jordan I recommend it. Shalom.
Saturday, May 11, 2013
I am now back in Alice and back at work. I had a week catching up with sleep and etc., with some sightseeing and shopping trips in Perth with Phyl. Then it was time for the final pack and say farewell to Phyl after almost a month. This week back in Australia was great as we were able to chat about perceptions, ideas and situations we had shared or had scanty memories of.
It seemed odd boarding the plane without Phyl and the others but its finally time to return to Alice, unpack, catch up with friends and reread all the pamphlets and information gathered during this amazing time. Oh and of course checked out all the photos.
The trip to Israel and Jordan was such a great opportunity to visit such an ancient and historic land which I have read and heard about for decades! To actually visit some sites recorded both in history books, the Torah and the Bible was mind blowing. It was all memorable but the places that stood out for me were: visiting the Western Wall, the creek where David collected his stones to fight Goliath, the Sea of Galilee, Shiloh where Samuel grew up and the garden tomb. There are heaps more memories too walking on excavated roads 4,000 years old, seeing the sparse wilderness country, the hills of Moab and Samaria. The list goes on! If you can manage a trip to Israel and Jordan I recommend it. Shalom.
No comments:
Post a Comment